Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/08/01 11:36:05 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Trivial Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForAugust2012" by VincentHennebert

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The "StatusReports/StatusReportForAugust2012" page has been changed by VincentHennebert:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForAugust2012?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

Comment:
Fixed typos

  One new PMC Member; Glenn Adams

  == Moving to CMS based websites ==
- Clay Leeds has done some more work has been done on a prototype website based on the CMS. However, we're not yet ready to make the switch. I am hopeful that this will come together in the next quarter. If not then we will have to assign further resources to this task.
+ Clay Leeds has done some more work on a prototype website based on the CMS. However, we're not yet ready to make the switch. I am hopeful that this will come together in the next quarter. If not then we will have to assign further resources to this task.

  == FOP ==
- FOP made it's first release in 2 years; v1.1rc1 which is a release candidate. Glenn Adams prepared the release and we are collecting feedback from the user community. We plan to release v1.1 final after a few weeks and any reported severe bugs have been fixed. Meanwhile patches continue to come in from contributors and committers continue to work on new features. Since the v1.1 branch, trunk has seen changes including a new API to increase compatibility of FOP for cloud based environments. Users continue to report issues and ask questions on the user mailing list and the committer team continue to answer their questions.
+ FOP made its first release in 2 years; v1.1rc1 which is a release candidate. Glenn Adams prepared the release and we are collecting feedback from the user community. We plan to release v1.1 final after a few weeks and any reported severe bugs have been fixed. Meanwhile patches continue to come in from contributors and committers continue to work on new features. Since the v1.1 branch, trunk has seen changes including a new API to increase compatibility of FOP for cloud based environments. Users continue to report issues and ask questions on the user mailing list and the committer team continue to answer their questions.

  == XML Graphics Commons ==
  Contributor Luis Bernardo contributed a patch containing some new PNG Image Loaders that are more efficient than the existing loaders. Work is also underway on making the XGC Library more cloud compatible by removing all uses of java.io.File and File based input/output streams.