Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bryan Lewis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/18 14:57:37 UTC

tiny javascript error in ZoneManager

In Tapestry 5.3.6 I've created a page using the cool new Tree component.
The tree is inside a zone and the page is inside an iframe to serve as the
content of a subModal window.  When the modal window is dismissed (hidden),
I see an error in Firebug:  this.element.getStyle("background-color") is
null.  It points to line 1796 of tapestry.js:

    /*
     * TAP5-707: store the old background color of the element or take white
     * as a default
     */
    this.endcolor =
this.element.getStyle('background-color').parseColor('#ffffff');

So yeah, this is kind of an unusual case and it's quite possible that the
problem isn't really in Tapestry's code, but anyway, I can avoid the error
by changing that line to:

    this.endcolor = '#ffffff';  // default
    if (this.element.getStyle('background-color'))
        this.endcolor =
this.element.getStyle('background-color').parseColor('#ffffff');

Assuming this is a valid fix, should I open a Jira?  Reopen TAP5-707?
Thanks.