Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by TOPO graphics GmbH <to...@t-online.de> on 2001/04/05 14:57:31 UTC

A Simple question to the configuration of tomcat

Hello,

since several weeks I am testing tomcat as a Servlet Engine with great
success. I use Win98 SE2 with PWS.
Now I have a simple problem (I think):

What I have to do (in the configuration files) when I want to start my
servlets with the URL:

http://localhost/servlet/TestServlet

and not with a WEPAPP-Directory like
http://localhost/example/servlet/TestServlet

Which settings I have to do in the configuration-files and in which
directory I have to put my Servlets ?

Thanks a lot for your answer

With best regards

M. Thorand

TOPO graphics
Geographische Informationssysteme GmbH

EMail:      thorand@topographics.de

RE: A Simple question to the configuration of tomcat

Posted by Benoît Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr>.
Hi,

You just have to declare a context like this:
        <Context path="" docBase="/path/to/myapp" debug="0"
reloadable="false" >
        </Context>
in your TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml. You should also remove the ROOT context
and the ROOT directory that is in the webapp directory.
Anyway, in real world, I mean in production environment, you should remove
all the contexts that don't deal with your app, and all the subdirectory
within the /webapp.

Benoît