Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2007/12/21 15:50:16 UTC

Re: svn commit: r605850 - in /cayenne/main/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/ apache/cayenne: ./ access/ access/jdbc/ access/types/ dba/ dba/openbase/ dba/oracle/ dba/sqlite/ dba/sqlserver/ exp/parser/ query/ reflect/ util/ wocompat/

On 12/21/07 2:03 AM, "Tore Halset" <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2007, at 22:49 , Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>
>> I agree that it can be confusing in some cases, but it isn't like we
>> can just switch it off. The places where it is confusing is where it
>> happens without you realising it is happening.
>
> Thanks, I have realized that now. It is not possible to get it turned
> off by not using it as it can pop up everywhere. So I rest my "-1" and
> are now a "+0" on this issue :)

There's actually an inspection in IDEA that will detect autoboxing so you
can undo it.  Granted, Eclipse is the development tool of choice for the
project, but I find it nice to float between the two.  In any event, if it
were a big problem, I could periodically scan the code base and deal with.

Sounds to me like it isn't all that necessary anyway, so this is more of an
FYI.

--
Kevin