Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2003/11/21 00:17:48 UTC

where should announcements for podlings go? [WAS Announce: incubated-jaxme 0.2]

jochen's recent announcement set me thinking about where the right
place for announcements like this. general's a cool place but should it
also go to announcements at ws? does incubator need an announcements
list?

- robert

Re: where should announcements for podlings go? [WAS Announce: incubated-jaxme 0.2]

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> jochen's recent announcement set me thinking about where the right place
> for announcements like this. general's a cool place but should it also
> go to announcements at ws?

If ws wants, it's ok for me, as long as they include the usual
disclaimer in the message.

They can also post the news on the incubator status page of the project
as in this:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewProjectSTATUSTemplate

> does incubator need an announcements list?

   announce@incubator.apache.org [1]

I didn't know of it till a couple of weeks ago too BTW.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/howtoparticipate.html#Mailing+lists
             - verba volant, scripta manent -