Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1999/10/09 13:14:11 UTC

Something missing?

ben@heap:~/work/apache-2.0/src$ ./Configure
Using config file: Configuration
Creating Makefile
 + configured for FreeBSD 2.2.8 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o using MPM method: prefork
 + configuring Apache Portable Runtime (APR)
cat: ./include/apr_config.h.in: No such file or directory
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in support
Creating Makefile in regex
Creating Makefile in os/unix
Creating Makefile in ap
Creating Makefile in main
Creating Makefile in modules/standard
Creating Makefile in modules/mpm/prefork

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

     - Indira Gandhi

Re: Something missing?

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On Sat, Oct 09, 1999 at 12:14:11PM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> ben@heap:~/work/apache-2.0/src$ ./Configure
[snip]
> cat: ./include/apr_config.h.in: No such file or directory

putting "autoheader" into ./Configure ought to fix that. I'll do it now.

"'Why do you blow on people?' I don't know." -- Benny Hinn

Re: Something missing?

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@ntrnet.net>.
This is a part of the most recent change in APR.  We have been using
autoheader and autoconf for a while.  autoheader will generate the file
that is missing.  Because we are not putting generated files in CVS, you
will need to run autoheader and autoconf before trying to build Apache.

Ryan

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Ben Laurie wrote:

> ben@heap:~/work/apache-2.0/src$ ./Configure
> Using config file: Configuration
> Creating Makefile
>  + configured for FreeBSD 2.2.8 platform
>  + setting C compiler to gcc
>  + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
>  + checking for system header files
>  + adding selected modules
>     o using MPM method: prefork
>  + configuring Apache Portable Runtime (APR)
> cat: ./include/apr_config.h.in: No such file or directory
>  + checking sizeof various data types
>  + doing sanity check on compiler and options
> Creating Makefile in support
> Creating Makefile in regex
> Creating Makefile in os/unix
> Creating Makefile in ap
> Creating Makefile in main
> Creating Makefile in modules/standard
> Creating Makefile in modules/mpm/prefork
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

>      - Indira Gandhi

6209 H Shanda Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27609		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.