Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2015/09/28 22:55:14 UTC

MetaModel @ Apache: Big Data - feedback

Hi everybody,

I wanted to report a bit of feedback from the Apache: Big Data conference
today, where I presented my talk about Apache MetaModel. To be honest I was
a bit nervous because I was unsure how a "big data crowd" would welcome a
library like MetaModel which isn't always focused on "big" but rather
"varied" in my opinion.

But I am happy to say that people seemed very excited and I talked also to
a few people already wanting to start working with or even contributing to
our project. So that's great! :-)

Some of the items that I talked about which seemed to catch the most
interest (maybe because I am myself intrigued by it, who knows) was around
"elaborate metadata" ... a mail thread [1] that I intend to revive soon
because to me it seems like a natural progression of our metadata-based
querying and as something that would also help MetaModel get more edge
compared to other query frameworks out there.

If you should wish to see the slides then they are available on the
conference site [2].

Regards,
Kasper

[1]