Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Len Shein <ls...@solveda.com> on 2015/12/31 17:58:16 UTC

Distributed Cache Clear using ActiveMQ

All,

We have two instances of Ofbiz running.  Both instances talk to the same
database.  When we update some entity using one of the instances we are
looking for cache clearing operation on all the instances to happen
automatically.  Based on Ofbiz documentation found on "Distriubted Cache
Clearing" we have setup the following.

Instance One we called the "master".

*         Instance Id: master

*         Pool: masterPool

Instance Two we called the "slave"

*         Instance Id: slave01

*         Pool: slave01Pool

Installed ActiveMq version 5.10.0 on the Master Instance.

On both the Master and Slave Instances the following:

1.    In Framework/base/lib/

                 Copied the 'activemq-all-5.10.0.jar

2.    In Framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml

                <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
distributed-cache-clear-enabled="true">

3.    In Framework/service/config/serviceengine.xml

<jms-service name="serviceMessenger" send-mode="all">

    <server jndi-server-name="default"

        jndi-name="topicConnectionFactory"

        topic-queue="OFBTopic"

        type="topic"

        listen="true"/>

</jms-service>

4.    In Framework/base/config/jndi.properties

java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextF
actory

java.naming.provider.url=tcp://<AMQ-IP-SERVER1>:61616

topic.OFBTopic=OFBTopic

connectionFactoryNames=connectionFactory, queueConnectionFactory,
topicConnectionFactory

Commented out the default jndi.properties

java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory

java.naming.provider.url=rmi://127.0.0.1:1099

With this configuration both instances correctly send messages to the
'OFBTopic'.  This is verified by viewing the ActiveMQ admin monitor. http://
<http://%3cAMQ-IP-SERVER1%3e:8161/admin/topics.jsp>
<AMQ-IP-SERVER1>:8161/admin/topics.jsp

However when updating for example the PRODUCT entity on the 'Master'
instance the 'cache' for the Product entity on the 'Slave' instance is NOT
cleared.

Has anyone succesfully configured the Ditributed Cache clear using ActiveMQ
in the past?

We have also tried a second configuration

1.    In Framework/base/lib/

                 Copied the 'activemq-all-5.10.0.jar

2.    In Framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml

                <delegator name="default" entity-model-reader="main"
entity-group-reader="main" entity-eca-reader="main"
distributed-cache-clear-enabled="true">

3.    In Framework/service/config/serviceengine.xml

<jms-service name="serviceMessenger" send-mode="all">

    <server jndi-server-name="activemq"

        jndi-name="ConnectionFactory"

        topic-queue="OFBTopic"

        type="topic"

        listen="true"/>

</jms-service>

4.    In Framework/base/config/jndiservers.xml

<jndi-server name="activemq">

Context-provider-url="tcp://<AMQ-IP-SERVER1>:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true&amp
;timeout=6000"

        Initial-context-factory ="
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory "

        url-pkg-prefixes=""

        security-principal=""

        security-credentials=""

/>

5.    In Framework/base/config/jndi.properties

java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory

java.naming.provider.url=rmi://127.0.0.1:1099

topic.OFBTopic=OFBTopic

When using the second type configuration on 'startup' we receive the
following erro message in the log and no updates can be performed on the DB.

Failure in storeByCondition operation for entity [JobSandbox]  - SQL
Exception occurred on commit (Commit can not be set while enrolled in a
transaction)

Error in polling JobSandbox: [JobManager.java:188:ERROR] - SQL Exception
occurred on commit (Commit can not be set while enrolled in a transaction)

Any sugestions from the community would be of great help?

Len Shein

lshein@solveda.com <ma...@solveda.com>

Office: 516.742.7888 ext.225

Home Office: 732.333.4303

Cell: 917.882.8515

Re: Distributed Cache Clear using ActiveMQ

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I wrote this page after successfully using DCC on a cluster with 5 OFBiz servers and 3 Postgres machines with Pgpool-II (1 master, 2 replicants)
This was based on roughly R11.04 (actually a revision taken just before in February 2011 and then manually updated during 2,5 years for main bugs)

I did not have to use DCC since, but I believe some are using it, the same way I wrote then there, with newer versions. Pierre Smits for instance let
a comment about using ServiceMix rather than AMQ (actually ServiceMix embeds AMQ)

It could be though that changes in newer versions have not been totally checked. Before trying with an older version (if it makes sense to you) did
you check your logs for "cache clear" messages?

HTH

Happy new year to everybody!

Jacques