Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Sreepathi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/05 01:48:29 UTC

patch failed to apply

Hello Dev,

I'm new to Git. What does it mean when it says cannot apply to head of
branch ?

I produced the patch using git diff > patch command and git format-patch -1
HEAD once. Both time i got this message. I can apply this patch locally
with git apply command. Not sure what needs to be done. Can somebody let me
know what steps i have to follow to resolve this one?

Testing JIRA OOZIE-1945 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1945>

Cleaning local git workspace

----------------------------

-1 Patch failed to apply to head of branch

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1945

--
*Regards,*
--- *Sreepathi *

Re: patch failed to apply

Posted by Purshotam Shah <pu...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
You need to generate patch with ‹no-prefix.
git diff ‹no-prefix > patch

Re: patch failed to apply

Posted by Sreepathi <pr...@gmail.com>.
thanks Robert.