Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jay Potharaju <js...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/13 20:15:17 UTC

result grouping in sharded index

Hi,
I am working on a functionality that would require me to group documents by
a id field. I read that the ngroups feature would not work in a sharded
Can someone recommend how to handle this in a sharded index?

Solr Version: 5.5

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Result+Grouping#ResultGrouping-DistributedResultGroupingCaveats

--
Thanks
Jay

Re: result grouping in sharded index

Posted by Jay Potharaju <js...@gmail.com>.
Collapse would also not work since it requires all the data to be on the
same shard.
"In order to use these features with SolrCloud, the documents must be
located on the same shard. To ensure document co-location, you can define
the router.name parameter as compositeId when creating the collection. "

--
Thanks
Jay Potharaju

Re: result grouping in sharded index