Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Youngho Cho <yo...@nannet.co.kr> on 2002/07/02 03:08:59 UTC

Intake Question

Hello,

Can I use String[] as a field type for intake Service ?

Any Comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

youngho

Re: Intake Question

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
Awesome Scott, very much appreciated (two tips for one message!).

-warner

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Hi Warner,

Re: Intake Question

Re: Intake Question

Posted by Youngho Cho <yo...@nannet.co.kr>.
Hello Stephen Haberman,

That is what I am looking for !..

Thanks.

youngho

Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.

Re: Intake Question

Posted by Youngho Cho <yo...@nannet.co.kr>.
Hello

> But this isn't really what I was thinking of.  I was thinking more along the
> lines of what John is suggesting in the tread - i.e. A single form
> displaying multiple records.  If you look at the generated HTML, all of the
> input elements have names that incorporate their record key.  This assumes
> your String[] is representing multiple records.
>
> What is the String[] to be coded as on the HTML form?

I was thinkng about

<input type="TEXT" name="name" value="" />
<input type="TEXT" name="name" value="" />

in the HTML form

and get the value

String[] names = data.getParameters().getStrings("name")

I hope the multiple checkbox treatment could give me a hint.

Thanks.

youngho

Re: Intake Question

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
>> the one intake form.  I haven't explored this myself, but I think there
>> should be something in the mail archive about it.
>>
> I searched the mailling list already but there was only one thread without any
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=turbine-user@jakarta.apach
> e.org&msgNo=6277
>
> If String[] doesn't support , than is there any other alternative way using
> intake ?

I may have been thinking of:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=turbine-user@jakarta.
apache.org&by=thread&from=166210

Re: Intake Question

Posted by Youngho Cho <yo...@nannet.co.kr>.
Hello,

> the one intake form.  I haven't explored this myself, but I think there
> should be something in the mail archive about it.

I searched the mailling list already but there was only one thread without any responses.

Re: Intake Question

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: "Youngho Cho" <yo...@nannet.co.kr>
>
> Hello,
>
> Can I use String[] as a field type for intake Service ?
>
> Any Comments will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> youngho

No.  An alternative might be to look into how to include multiple records on
the one intake form.  I haven't explored this myself, but I think there
should be something in the mail archive about it.

HTH,

Scott