Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Mast <jh...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 22:30:31 UTC

PHP on Tomcat 5.5 on Windows XP keeps dying

Is there anyway that I can prevent Tomcat 5.5 on Windows XP from dying when
I execute the following code in an PHP page:

    $db_link = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass, $new_link) or die
("Unable to connect to database");

This version of PHP does work with other mysql stuff, although here I'm
passing different values that elsewhere.

I could figure out what is wrong if tomcat would stay alive on the error,
but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Re: PHP on Tomcat 5.5 on Windows XP keeps dying

Posted by Jonathan Mast <jh...@gmail.com>.
 I found that cause was that my dev machine (Windows XP) wasn't in the db
privileges.  I found this by testing the page in Internet Explorer where the
error was outputted to the page. I typically use FireFox which was causing
Tomcat to fail.  This is a VERY CURIOUS error, I believed Tomcat to be
isolated from the User Agents it interacts with.

I'll see if Tomcat's logs contain anything useful, but in the mean time, can
anybody explain the differences in web browser behavior?

Thanks

Posted by Max Sevenfold <ma...@gmail.com>.