Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/20 20:06:14 UTC

Ode Release

Hi all,

We're on our way to our first Apache Ode incubator release. The process
involves a lot of details to work out and we'll progress on all these in the
coming days. In the meantime, it would be great if you made sure that all
the bugs and problems you've found while using Ode are reported in our
tracking system:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE

I can't guarantee that everything reported will be fixed right away but at
least we can see if there's any blocker and fix them before releasing.
Especially issues related to compatibility with the latest WS-BPEL
2.0commitee approved spec (which should soon become a full blown OASIS
spec).

Thanks for any help,

Matthieu

Re: Ode Release

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

It's hard to predict because it depends on the feedback from the incubator
and mentors. I'm trying hard right now to get as much as possible fixed to
cut a first release candidate for the end of this week. Then I'll ask all
commiters here to have a look and if it seems fine ask for a vote here. Them
we'll ask for a vote on the incubator and people will check how good the
release is. It's not really a matter of code quality (even if that counts of
course) but mostly having the right licenses at the right place, checking
dependencies, disclaimers, change logs, artifacts naming and all these fun
stuff.

But I think the timeframe is probably going to be from a couple of weeks
(optimistic) to a month (pessimistic). If nobody finds a show stopper (like
an undiscovered GPL hard dependency) and the winds blows in the right
direction.

Cheers,
Matthieu

Re: Ode Release