Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Grioni Stefano <st...@epfl.ch> on 2011/04/04 19:38:07 UTC

New user and IDE issues

Hello,

I have just started using Tapestry (and I already love the spirit!). I however have some troubles finding an IDE that suits me.. At the moment I have tried 2 : IntelliJ and Eclipse.
IntelliJ's integration of Tapestry doesn't seems to work at all (I opened a thread on Jetbrain's forum and was asked to fill a bug tracker) ... so that was quick
Using Eclipse I managed to have the whole project working fine, but not to get a decent Code-Completion when it comes to Components-Completion in the Views. I carefully followed the following tutorial (http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5JSPEditorEclipse), but when I type "<t:" I  still don't get all the possibilities (and in case I type "<t:loo" , it doesn't propose "<t:loop").. That frustrates me so much because I feel that I am quite close to having what I need!

Is there any other IDE which provides a better Tapestry integration? Or is there maybe some tutorial I didn't find explaining how to configure Eclipse to get everything working?

Thanks for your time !

Best regards,

Stefano

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Everton Agner <to...@gmail.com>.
I'm still waiting for a nice plugin for Eclipse... Just XML editing is not
good enough (at least for me).

_______________________
Everton Agner Ramos

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by ael <al...@dash.com.ph>.

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
The Apache infrastructure guys have turned off attachments (apparently
long-term), due to abuse by the bad guys.

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Laurent Guerin <zl...@gmail.com>.

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Guerin Laurent <lg...@sopragroup.com>.
You're welcome,

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Grioni Stefano <st...@epfl.ch>.
Hi Laurent,

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Guerin Laurent <lg...@sopragroup.com>.
Hi Stephano,

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Stefano Grioni <st...@epfl.ch>.
Hello,

Thank you very much for your help! This mailing list is really reactive!
I *think* that my problem with Eclipse is actually not caused by Eclipse
directly but rather by the TLD file. In fact, when I open it there is
clearly something wrong with it (it only contains a handful of lines).
In order to generate it I'm using the following Maven plugin configuration:

<plugin>
<groupId>fr.exanpe</groupId>
<artifactId>tapestry-tldgen</artifactId>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>tld-generate</goal>
</goals>
<phase>process-classes</phase>
<configuration>
<uri>http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_1_0.xsd</uri>
<rootPackage>ch.epfl.energycenter.t5first</rootPackage>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

Once this is written down in my pom.xml, I simply call "mvn package" and
it spits out a "t5first.tld" in my target directory.

Am I missing a step?

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Stefano

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Guerin Laurent <lg...@sopragroup.com>.

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'm using IntelliJ 10 with Tapestry, and while the integration has
some gaps, it mostly works fine for template completion (for some
reason it want's the loop components value attribute to be a Loop
object) and flipping between java/tml.

Make sure that in your Tapestry facet for your module that you have
your "Application Package" set correctly (sometimes it's set to
something odd)

Josh

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.
I believe IntelliJ's code completion only works with the full paid
version.  It does work, but I think you have to tell it where your app
module is located.

I had a similar problem with Eclipse the first time I tried to set it
up.  After going back through it again and following the instructions
carefully I was able to get it to work.  I'm not sure what I missed
the first time, but you might try it again.

Mark

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
> I just configure Eclipse to edit .tml files as well-formed XML files and I'm very happy. :)

Me too ! :-)

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
<st...@epfl.ch> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi!

> I have just started using Tapestry (and I already love the spirit!).

Welcome to Tapestry and to the mailing list!

> Is there any other IDE which provides a better Tapestry integration? Or
> is there maybe some tutorial I didn't find explaining how to configure
> Eclipse to get everything working?

One very nice thing about Tapestry is that you can develop on it quite
fast without any IDE integrations. I just configure Eclipse to edit .tml
files as well-formed XML files and I'm very happy. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Re: New user and IDE issues

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.
Oh and if you are using Eclipse, make sure you install loom
(http://code.google.com/p/loom-t5/).  It lets you switch quickly
between .tml and .java files and is a huge time saver.

Mark