Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by jo...@cenpalab.cu on 2020/03/25 18:29:52 UTC

Netbeans 11.3 not opening fxml in Scene Builder 11.0.0

How do you integrate Scene Builder 11.0.0 with Netbeans 11.3? According
to instructions googled, it should happen automagically with
right-click/open after installing Scene Builder and then running
NetBeans. I added SceneBuilder to the PATH, but still no luck.

As you may gather from my latest posts, I'm sort of restarting on
programming with NB 11.3 and JavaFX on JDK11 (zulu). I used to some
JavaFX work back in JDK 8 days and want to port some of my stuff to JDK
11. The Gluon test program builds and runs ok, thanks to the Youtube
video by Geertjan, but I just can't get Netbeans to edit fxml files with
Scene Builder. Appreciate any tips on this...

Regards,
Joe1962

Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: Netbeans 11.3 not opening fxml in Scene Builder 11.0.0

Posted by jo...@cenpalab.cu.
On 2020-03-25 14:56, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> In the Options window, go to the Java tab and then JavaFX within that.
>
> Gj
>
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:30 PM <jo...@cenpalab.cu> wrote:
>
>> How do you integrate Scene Builder 11.0.0 with Netbeans 11.3?
>> According
>> to instructions googled, it should happen automagically with
>> right-click/open after installing Scene Builder and then running
>> NetBeans. I added SceneBuilder to the PATH, but still no luck.

Dang! Thanks Geertjan, I was watching and reading some instructions that
I now realize had already activated JavaFX 2 by creating a JavaFX ant
project before installing Scene Builder. Anyway, I also mistakenly
figured that the JavaFX 2 stuff was for older JDKs and JFXs. Anyway, for
the record, this tip worked, but only after restarting Netbeans.

BTW, do I also need to enable that JavaFX 2 plugin?

Now I just need to figure out this new-fangled jmod and jlink stuff, so
back to searching the mailing list, then...

Regards,
Joe1962

Re: Netbeans 11.3 not opening fxml in Scene Builder 11.0.0

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.