Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/28 06:46:26 UTC

Re: svn commit: r359403 - in /directory/trunk/mina-core: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/mina/filter/ src/main/java/org/apache/mina/filter/codec/textline/ src/main/java/org/apache/mina/util/ src/test/java/org/apache/mina/util/

2005/12/28, akarasulu@apache.org <ak...@apache.org>:

> -            throw new IllegalArgumentException(
> -                    "Collection of addresses must contain only " +
> -                    "InetAddress instances", ase );
> +            String msg = "Collection of addresses must contain only
> InetAddress instances";
> +            log.error( msg, ase );
> +            throw new IllegalArgumentException( msg );

What about this?

throw ( IllegalArgumentException ) new IllegalArgumentException( ...
).initCause( ase );

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
PGP Key ID: 0x854B996C

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> 2005/12/28, akarasulu@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>
> <akarasulu@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>>:
>
>     -            throw new IllegalArgumentException(
>     -                    "Collection of addresses must contain only " +
>     -                    "InetAddress instances", ase );
>     +            String msg = "Collection of addresses must contain
>     only InetAddress instances";
>     +            log.error( msg, ase );
>     +            throw new IllegalArgumentException( msg );
>

> What about this?
>
> throw ( IllegalArgumentException ) new IllegalArgumentException( ...
> ).initCause( ase );

Much better ... did not know it existed and was available in 1.3.  Will
add it.

Thanks,
Alex