Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Niklaus Giger <ni...@member.fsf.org> on 2012/09/22 18:29:56 UTC

Update bnd version to 1.50.0

Hi

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-654 where I attached a
patch to use the newly released bnd 1.50.0 for buildr.apache.org.

It works fine for me.

Added a command line option "bnd.version=<version>" to be able to switch back
to the old version in case need.

I had to change the specs asthe new bnd version does not generate anymore a
wrong Import-Package (for 0.0.384 it was the Export-Package).

I would appreciate if it would show up in the 1.4.8 version of buildr.

Best regards

Niklaus

Re: Update bnd version to 1.50.0 (Getting out new version of buildr)

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>wrote:

>> - Are there any show-stoppers where you need some help?

I have run up against an issue I would like to see done but I don't have
the bandwidth to address at the moment. Currently we are using the rubyzip
0.9.4 gem but I would like to upgrade to 0.9.9 prior to the release but
unfortunately this causes failures in the CI [1]. I am not sure if it is a
problem with the underlying library, the monkey patches we have made to it
or our incorrect use of it. If you have the time it would be appreciated if
you could look into it.

The time I have left is most likely going to be trying to get the CI
working for Windows nodes..

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Buildr/job/Buildr-ci-build-1.9/55/

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Update bnd version to 1.50.0 (Getting out new version of buildr)

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Niklaus Giger <niklaus.giger@member.fsf.org
> wrote:

> Getting out a new version of buildr in the next couple of weeks
> would be great.
>
> I have however some remarks/questions:
> - Which one of the open 22 bugs will not make it in 1.4.8?

I will try to have a look at it this week and run down the list.

> - Are there any show-stoppers where you need some help?

According to my note list I have
* BUILDR-594 (????)
* Add JaCoCo buildr extension
* Update TestNG extension to work with latest version

It looks like I have already done BUILDR-594 but the others would be great
to get done .. however they may not be show stoppers as such.

The only real show stopper is getting the CI working again which I will
have a bash at doing tonight.

> - For BUILDR-652 'Generate buildfile from Eclipse workspace'
> I assume that you will merge it, as you promised before

Sorry about that. I was off traveling and just getting back into the swing
of things. Will try to do it over the nect couple of days.

I will come up in a few days with a patch for the documentation and a small
> improvement to honour the 'Bundle-ClassPath' in the manifest.

great!

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Update bnd version to 1.50.0 (Getting out new version of buildr)

Posted by Niklaus Giger <ni...@member.fsf.org>.
Hi

Thanks for applying it. (and fixing the Jenkins build, too!)

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6

Re: Update bnd version to 1.50.0