Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2010/05/20 06:34:18 UTC

Web package cleanup?

I've noticed something a number of times before, but never really cleaned it up:
org.apache.shiro.web.DefaultWebSecurityManager should be in the
org.apache.shiro.web.mgt package if it is to mirror core's package
structure.

Similarly

org.apache.shiro.web.WebUtils
org.apache.shiro.web.RedirectView
org.apache.shiro.web.SavedRequest
org.apache.shiro.web.WebSecurityManager

should probably be moved to the correct respective package locations
to mirror core.  I think this should be done before 1.0 or we'll be
permanently stuck with where they are now.  Any objections?

- Les

Re: Web package cleanup?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Me too - I'll do that tonight so it doesn't interfere with your work
tomorrow Kalle.

And no Tauren, no changes to client code.  All the classes I listed
are for internal support needs only.

- Les

Re: Web package cleanup?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Agree.

Re: Web package cleanup?

Posted by Tauren Mills <ta...@tauren.com>.
Fine by me, I'd rather it get done right before the release. It looks like I
would simply need to change my spring configuration:

    <bean id="securityManager"
class="org.apache.shiro.web.DefaultWebSecurityManager">

I don't think any of my client code refers to anything else. Do you foresee
any major changes to client code?

Tauren