Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/19 22:36:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.59 catches SIGTERM and shuts down

Hi everyone,

I administer a CentOS 4.6 server (use the CentOS plus repo) that runs
Apache 2.0.59 and PHP 5.1.6

For the past few days the httpd processes have been locking up (the
parent processes still seem to be there), but the rest of it comes to
a grinding halt. The server itself is still accessible (I can SSH and
restart httpd and all comes good). The only third party module I was
using was mod_security which I have removed now to try and resolve the
issue.

Most sites run PHP based CMSes and thus use MySQL.

Some of the messages in /var/log/httpd/error_log are

GNU Ghostscript 7.07: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

and of course

[Tue Feb 19 21:42:34 2008] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Tue Feb 19 21:43:09 2008] [notice] core dump file size limit raised
to 18446744073709551615 bytes
[Tue Feb 19 21:43:09 2008] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
/usr/sbin/suexec)

Can anyone please give me some feedback as to what my issue may be?
Thanks a lot.

[root@charlie ~]# httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.0.59
Server built:   Jan 14 2008 08:28:18

[root@charlie ~]# uname -a
Linux charlie.networketernity.com 2.6.9-67.0.1.EL.plus.c4smp #1 SMP
Wed Dec 26 08:30:41 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)