Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Raihan Jamal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 03:50:54 UTC

How to stop Cassandra and then restart it in windows?

Hello,

I installed single node cluster in my local dev box which is running
Windows 7 and it was working fine. Due to some reason, I need to restart my
desktop and then after that whenever I am doing like this on the command
prompt, it always gives me the below exception-

S:\Apache Cassandra\apache-cassandra-1.2.3\bin>cassandra -f
Starting Cassandra Server
Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException:
Port already in use: 7199; nested exception is:
        java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Meaning port being used somewhere. I have made some changes in *cassandra.yaml
*file so I need to shutdown the Cassandra server and then restart it again.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks for the help.

Re: How to stop Cassandra and then restart it in windows?

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> Cassandra -f
>
> So I believe that's why it is getting started as service.
Starts it in the foreground.

Sorry I dont use windows. Try moving the install and see what complains at startup, check the system logs to see if there is an error.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand