Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rajan Dev <ku...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/02 13:50:51 UTC

Re: Does the class of the Mapper output need to match the exact class of the specified output?

Hello
 I have been working on counters for the jobs.
 I did get all the counters for jobs . but i do require to show  all the
counters in my own UI. i am using webservices to show all the counters.

Could someone help me with this..?
or is there any other way to get thecounters
My approach :-
i use reporter.incrcounter method to get the counters increment.
and run another program to read all the counters

Regards,
Rajan

Re: Does the class of the Mapper output need to match the exact class of the specified output?

Posted by Alex Kozlov <al...@cloudera.com>.
You can get them through JobTracker object.  Where the other program is
running?