Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/04 22:16:29 UTC

FOP .20.5 Force Page Break

Hi,

Using, how can I force a page break with in a fo:flow? e.g.

<xsl:if test="$graphic-count = 2">
			<fo:block break-before="page" />
</xsl:if>

Thanks,

Phil

Re: FOP .20.5 Force Page Break

Posted by bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Andreas (you're always a great help),

If my resulting FO is "<fo:block break-before="page"/>", then shouldn't this
block force a page break?

Phil

Re: FOP .20.5 Force Page Break

Posted by bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, it works. There was an error in my code.

Thanks.

Re: FOP .20.5 Force Page Break

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 04 Mar 2009, at 22:16, bonekrusher wrote:

Hi Phil,

> Using, how can I force a page break with in a fo:flow? e.g.
>
> <xsl:if test="$graphic-count = 2">
> 			<fo:block break-before="page" />
> </xsl:if>

Does this $graphic-count refer to a value that is actually only known
at processing-time?

In that case, no such luck, I'm afraid. You cannot dynamically inject
page-breaks, for example, if a page contains 2 images. All forced
breaks need to be present in the FO result of the stylesheet
transformation.

If that is not your issue, the above is actual XSLT code, and you have
verified that the empty fo:block appears in the FO, then there is a
bug in FOP. Bad luck if you're stuck on 0.20.5...

Does this answer the question, or did I misinterpret?

Cheers

Andreas