Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Wang Lei (北京研发中心.112456)" <al...@sohu-inc.com> on 2016/02/03 07:28:08 UTC

kylin.metadata.url with hbase namespace problem

Hi:
         We are using kylin 1.2 with hbase 0.98.16.1 and we have some problem with kylin.metadata.url.

         Env:
                   Kylin downloaded from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kylin/apache-kylin-1.2/apache-kylin-1.2-bin.tar.gz
                   Hbase: 0.98.16.1 from community

         conf/kylin.properties
                  kylin.metadata.url=ALALEI:kylin_metadata@hbase

         when building sample cube,step 1 hangs on:
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. MetaException(message:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Pathname /user/alalei/kylin/ALALEI:kylin_metadata/kylin-c39f5ba8-37cf-4da9-a995-b71fce988259/kylin_intermediate_kylin_sales_cube_desc_19700101000000_20160201000000_c39f5ba8_37cf_4da9_a995_b71fce988259 from /user/alalei/kylin/ALALEI:kylin_metadata/kylin-c39f5ba8-37cf-4da9-a995-b71fce988259/kylin_intermediate_kylin_sales_cube_desc_19700101000000_20160201000000_c39f5ba8_37cf_4da9_a995_b71fce988259 is not a valid DFS filename.)

        at org.apache.kylin.common.util.CliCommandExecutor.execute(CliCommandExecutor.java:90)
        at org.apache.kylin.job.common.ShellExecutable.doWork(ShellExecutable.java:52)
        at org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:107)
        at org.apache.kylin.job.execution.DefaultChainedExecutable.doWork(DefaultChainedExecutable.java:51)
        at org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:107)
        at org.apache.kylin.job.impl.threadpool.DefaultScheduler$JobRunner.run(DefaultScheduler.java:130)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

         any help will be appreciated !!

alaleiwang

Re: kylin.metadata.url with hbase namespace problem

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
BTW, It's welcomed if you can contribute a patch:)

Posted by alaleiwang <al...@sohu-inc.com>.
the above kylin.metadata.url with namespace works fine with hbase
operation,and i can see hbase new tables created under namespace "ALALEI"

the error happens in
./job/src/main/java/org/apache/kylin/job/JoinedFlatTable.java with function
generateCreateTableStatement,where the second parameter storageDfsDir
defined in getMetadataUrlPrefix from
./common/src/main/java/org/apache/kylin/common/KylinConfig.java

hdfs don't allow special colon in hdfs url path,so hive related create table
ddl with location can't be executed

any more help to support such usage case?

Re: kylin.metadata.url with hbase namespace problem

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
one of the concerns is that we'll append the metadata_url to the hdfs
working dir path, and I guess hdfs path does not allow ":"

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by alaleiwang <al...@sohu-inc.com>.

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
*ALALEI:*kylin_metadata
​@base​

​why ​do you need to append the prefix "ALALEI:" ? the char '':" may cause
troubles in unexpected places