Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2001/12/06 17:06:29 UTC

[Xerces2] Recent XNI Changes

I understand (and support) the addition of the Augmentations
parameter to calls in the document handler. However, I have
one problem and a suggestion.

PROBLEM: None of the XNI samples were updated to include this
parameter which means that they will not behave as they should.

SUGGESTION: Since the start/endEntity calls are going to be
different between the document handler and dtd handler, would
it be a good idea to change the name of the callbacks to be
more explicit? For example, in the document handler:

  public void startGeneralEntity(String name, ...)

and in the dtd handler:

  public void startParameterEntity(String name, ...)

Comments?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org

Re: [Xerces2] Recent XNI Changes

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Andy Clark wrote:
> PROBLEM: None of the XNI samples were updated to include this
> parameter which means that they will not behave as they should.

Andy, I did update samples. Since you are complaining I guess I missed
some files...?

The samples that were updated in xni package are:
DocumentTracer, PassThroughFilter, UpperCaseFilter.
CSVConfiguration.java, etc.

> SUGGESTION: Since the start/endEntity calls are going to be
> different between the document handler and dtd handler, would
> it be a good idea to change the name of the callbacks to be
> more explicit? For example, in the document handler:
>
>   public void startGeneralEntity(String name, ...)
>
> and in the dtd handler:
>
>   public void startParameterEntity(String name, ...)

+1

--
Elena Litani / Toronto IBM