Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/25 21:08:06 UTC

Primary Storage

I presented 2TB of primary storage (esx,vmfs) to cloudstack. It sees it, but in the management console it shows it as 4TB vs 2TB. Anyone else seen this doubling effect?

RE: Primary Storage

Posted by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com>.
So I think I found the answer to this. After looking through the logs I found this
Found storage pool esx_lun201 of type VMFS with overprovisioning factor 2Total over provisioned capacity calculated is 2 * 2198754820096Total over provisioned capacity of the pool esx_lun201 id: 1 is 4397509640192
This correlates to the global setting storage.overprovisioning.factor, which says available storage will be (actual storage  * the over provisioning factor). Which in my case comes out to 4TB...
Just posting in case anybody else was wondering..