Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/09 06:18:05 UTC

Design/Internals docs

I want to move some of the information from the Quarks github wiki (
https://github.com/quarks-edge/quarks/wiki) to the Apache Quarks
repository.  These documents seem useful:

Full Device Scenario
Quarks Etiao Runtime
Quarks Modules and Jars
Quarks Providers
Quarks Recipe Ideas

My suggestion is that I create a new section in the documentation area:
something like Designs or Internals.

Other options I have thought about might be:

Create a directory in the source repository and just store the documents
there
Create a wiki in our Quarks Incubator project and move these documents
there.

Please provide your input or ideas.

Kathy

Re: Design/Internals docs

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kathy,

> I think a Wiki is a good idea and will encourage more adhoc contributions
> than website pull requests.  It will also make it easier on committers.
>
> We will need to decide whether to use Confluence or MoinMoin.  My
> experience and therefore preference is for MoinMoin, but Luciano mentioned
> at one time that he preferred Confluence.
>
> I think once the decision is made which one to request, a committer or
> mentor just needs to put a request into INFRA to have it setup.
>
> Best
>
> Kathey

Excellent!  I will call a vote on which to use.  Thank you for the
information!

Kathy

Re: Design/Internals docs

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.