Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/06 01:54:32 UTC

[GHOP] please review the new wicket-examples design

hi all,

Ash sent in the proposal for a new/enhanced design for wicket-examples [0].
take a look at the preview images [1] [2] and let us know, what you think
about it.

as always, feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers,
  Gerolf

P.S.: i like the new design a lot ;)

[0]
http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/detail?id=12
[1]
http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/attachment?aid=1126549382673268096&name=home-main-axamples.png
[2]
http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/attachment?aid=6148678809405620109&name=Example-page.png

Re: [GHOP] please review the new wicket-examples design

Posted by "Jack L." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Where'd he find that logo.... Baffles me. I prefer it.
(I'll make a vector version real quick if its raster)

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
oh, i didnt mean for this to be part of the task. just looked at the
list and figured i would say something here so i dont forget.

-igor

Re: 14,870 items found on inspection

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
There are also a lot of things that are just perfectly fine..

Suspicious system array call (we know that it is an array.. Does it
want an extra cast??)

Or the one from FormComponent.getInputname() equals between string an
prepending.. Thats also not a problem because prepending is really
content equal (so the same 'string' as a string or a prepending is
just true)

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hee, cool that website dump auto adjust to mobile phone!

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
The things i like to see are 2 thing: 1 performance  things, 2 what
really can cause bugs..

Posted by "C. Bergström" <cb...@netsyncro.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 23, 2007 3:49 AM, C. Bergström <cb...@netsyncro.com> wrote:
> I ran inspection against the wicket trunk (Revision: 606531) and maybe
> interesting to someone else as well..  It covers a lot... including
> superfluous things such as the html, css, javascript, naming
> conventions.. This is with default settings, but if anyone wants I can
> rerun and include/exclude more items.. (unchecking the html, but
> including potential memory issues..)

Interesting... I fixed
http://www.netsyncro.com/downloads/inspection/FieldCanBeLocal-index.html
but didn't look further than that. We'll have to be careful applying
such things, as we can have dependencies using introspection that the
compiler won't catch and stuff (erm... doesn't that sound contrary to
what we advertise... :-) ), but it is worth a look.

Thanks,

Eelco

14,870 items found on inspection

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.