Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Hand <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/17 08:20:08 UTC

disabling SessionListener Logging

Hello

I am currently running Apache Tomcat 7.0.25 in a two server clustered
configuration.  Everything is working fine in this regard.  I have
confirmed that sessions and session variables are being updated on each
server instance.  To get things working, I had marked the provided
examples web application as distributable in the applications web.xml on
both servers.  I am just using the examples web application as a stop
gap till my real web applications are coded.

However, now that I have the session replication working correctly, is
there a way to disable these types of entries in the catalina.err log file?

Mar 17, 2012 2:02:57 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener: sessionCreated('01801736B95337518C93E617280684CF')
Mar 17, 2012 2:02:58 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener:
attributeAdded('01801736B95337518C93E617280684CF', 'foo', 'bar')

I tried some educated guesses in changing the Logging.properties file
under the conf directory to no avail.  I have since reverted to my
original version.  Bottom line, I am at a complete loss as changing the
logging.properties file seems to have no effect on the problem.

Is there a good way ahead to get these INFO level SessionListener
Messages ( and only the SessionListener messages ) to be silent ?

If there is needed configuration info required, I will be more than
happy to provide it.  However, other than changing server.xml ( to run
on port 80 and enable SSL on port 443  ) I haven't done much above and
beyond that.

Thanks in advance
Brian

Re: disabling SessionListener Logging

Posted by Brian Hand <ha...@gmail.com>.
I see what you mean.  There are a bunch of overriden methods that do the
logging.  Specific to the examples application.

I was looking at it from the wrong direction, I made the erroneous
assumption that

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext was the culprint, when in fact that was not the case.

Thanks for the prompt assistance
Brian

Posted by Pid * <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Brian Hand <ha...@gmail.com>.