Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jon Hardcastle <jd...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/27 13:51:02 UTC

commit-emai.pl Usage.

Hello,

I am trying to set up a post-commit hook that emails
an email account when a change is made to any 'trunk'
in a repository.

this is what i am using

./commit-email.pl /var/svn/PlayArea 600  -m "trunk/.*"
-s "Subversion:" --from jd_hardcastle@yXXXo.com
jd_hardcastle@yXXXo.com

but it keeps reporting

'./commit-email.pl: use of either `-h' or `--from' is
mandatory when sending email using direct SMTP.'

i have tried all sorts of combinations of options and
i always get the same.

The only way to make it work is to remove the -m
option, but i need that to filter out commits that are
not of interest.

Can anyone help?

Re: commit-emai.pl Usage.

Posted by Peter Connolly <ps...@gmail.com>.
Did you try switching the underlying script from SMTP to sendmail?  In
Fedora 7, it's located in:
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.4.4/tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.pl

Re: commit-emai.pl Usage. {Resolved - Kinda}

Posted by Jon Hardcastle <jd...@yahoo.com>.

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.pl.in

> > Note that the command expects an optionally
> > repeating set of
> > parameters that are preceded by the -m regex that
> > matches the dirpath
> > to be used for that set of parameters.
> >

> I have read the help, and done the research. I
> simply
> can not get it to work with an implicitly set SMTP
> server and a reg-exp. Hence was wondering if I could
> benefit from some learned knowledge...

Ok i have now found this

'http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2007-05/0420.shtml'

in the event that link doesn't linger forever it
basically states that there is a bug for the implicit
rule when using SMTP direct. It states that changing

my @project_settings_list = (&new_project);
my @project_settings_list = ();

removed the implicit rule and bypasses the issue.

Regards.

Re: commit-emai.pl Usage.

Posted by Jon Hardcastle <jd...@yahoo.com>.

Re: commit-emai.pl Usage.