Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Bilal Bhatti <bi...@neelo.com> on 2005/12/07 22:40:36 UTC

GNU JavaMail - SMTP, POP3 and IMAP4

I know some of the MAIL implementations were evaluated. However, I don't
remember GNU JavaMail as being one of them.

http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/javamail/

It claims to implement JavaMail 1.3 specifications and has SMTP,
IMAP4rev1, POP3, mbox and Maildir support.

It is released under GPL.

If it was already mentioned, ignore the email.

Bilal

Re: GNU JavaMail - SMTP, POP3 and IMAP4

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
To use this code would require the GNU JavaMail to change their
license to Apache (or something BSDish), and since GNU is the backer
of the *GPL licenses, I doubt they would change it.  Just like an
Apache project would never change to a GPL license.

Kinda sucks to have these walls in the open source world, but such is
life.

-dain