Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by an...@e-zest.net on 2007/04/20 06:51:48 UTC

How to run Forgotten Password Portlet?

Hi,

I have installed Jetspeed-2. I called its welcome page i.e. http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal.

Here I see "Forgotten Password" portlet. If I submit the valid email address and click on its "Request New Password" button then it displays me the following error:

[Failed to send forgotten password email to user with email address because Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp]

Can somebody tell me how to run Forgotten Password Portlet?

Waiting for the reply.
regards,

Anand

Re: How to run Forgotten Password Portlet?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
You will need to configure a mail server, and then set your Spring
configuration to that mail server in administration.xml, mailSender
bean:

   <bean id="mailSender"
class="org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl">
       <property name="javaMailProperties">
           <props>
               <prop key="mail.smtp.auth">false</prop>
           </props>
       </property>
   </bean>

On Apr 20, 2007, at 6:51 AM, <an...@e-zest.net>
<an...@e-zest.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed Jetspeed-2. I called its welcome page i.e. http://
> localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal.
>
> Here I see "Forgotten Password" portlet. If I submit the valid
> email address and click on its "Request New Password" button then
> it displays me the following error:
>
> [Failed to send forgotten password email to user with email address
> because Mail server connection failed; nested exception is
> javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp]
>
> Can somebody tell me how to run Forgotten Password Portlet?
>
> Waiting for the reply.
> regards,
>
> Anand

David Sean Taylor