Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Pa...@alcatel-lucent.fr on 2007/04/20 14:01:59 UTC

[apache-forrest-0.8] problem with the "forest seed" sample site on the http://mysite/samples/ address : "Resource Not Found"

Hi,

Tested with the sample site given by the forrest seed.
I am in the page
http://mysite/samples/sample.html

I can see at the top of the page
myGroup > myProject > samples

When I click at the top on samples
I go to the address

http://mysite/samples/

The following lines are displayed on the browser.

Resource Not Found
Message: Resource Not Found
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet
Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev

When I put the address in the browser
http://mysite/samples/index.html
It 's OK; I can see the normal page.

Cheers
Paul

Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with the "forest seed" sample site on the http://mysite/samples/ address : "Resource Not Found"

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I've not test this but it sounds like a bug - I vaguely recall
> something about this but don't have the time to check it out right
> now. Can you please create an issue for this.

Putting this match as the very first match in
main/webapp/sitemap.xmap will fix it ...

<map:match pattern="**/">
  <map:redirect-to uri="index.html" />
</map:match>

There is a similar match in the "redirects" section
at the very end of sitemap.xmap to handle the
localhost:8888/ and redirect to localhost:8888/index.html

Putting the abovementioned "**/" match in that
redirects section does not work.

However, the issue is more complex. See the comments in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-762

-David

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
I've not test this but it sounds like a bug - I vaguely recall
something about this but don't have the time to check it out right
now. Can you please create an issue for this.

Ross