Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nithya Prakash <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/13 07:12:32 UTC

How to extract the hidden values from JSP page??

I'm working on Jmeter for automating the test process. I have created a
project and need to edit the project details. For this i need to extract the
project id since i cannot hardcore the project id every time i run the
script in jmeter.

The scenario is like this :

1. Previously the page was build using JSF and it was little easier to find
the hidden value and using Regular Expression Extractor i was able to
extract the hidden value and run the test script in jmeter. things where
fine.

2. Now they are using JSP and the project id is been displayed in the URL
itself. Am not able to extract the project id using Reg Exp Extractor and
run my script.its getting failed.

Question : How to extract the hidden values(project id) in the JSP page??

Help me out with possible solution please.

Thanks in Advance
--
Nithya Prakash.L
nithyaprakash86@gmail.com

RE: How to extract the hidden values from JSP page??

Posted by Viswanathan Arunachalam <v....@auckland.ac.nz>.
You can use http://www.httpwatch.com/?gclid=COqi9qGe0KECFRIaewod7X0jJQ add-ons to inspect the component in browsers (IE & FF).

Cheers
Vish

>Now they are using JSP and the project id is been displayed in the URL
itself.
which means it must be in the previous page (on which the link is clicked or
it is formed by javascript or being sent as part of a redirect).
Inspect the HTML in your browser.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.