Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Senthil Kumar <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/31 05:26:03 UTC

Monitoring Use Cases for Kudu

[BCC - Kudu Dev Team]

Hello Team ,  Recently we start Kudu Production Cluster , but i feel like
Monitoring Kudu Components is critical in Production to avoid failures.

I'm thinking below two components are good to start with

1)  Masters
2) Tablet Servers

I welcome everyone's suggestion here to list down the requirements for
monitoring Kudu Cluster ..

Cheers,
Senthil

Re: Monitoring Use Cases for Kudu

Posted by Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Senthil,

Kudu masters and tservers expose internal metrics in JSON format at the
/metrics endpoint of the web UI.  You could start by scraping this endpoint
every 10 seconds or so, and recording that.  I think that's more or less
how Cloudera Manager exposes Kudu metrics.  Our docs
<https://kudu.apache.org/docs/administration.html#_kudu_metrics> have more
info about the metrics collected, and other ways they are exposed.

- Dan

Posted by Dan Burkert <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Senthil,