Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Jeffrey May <ma...@isu.edu> on 2016/01/14 16:23:16 UTC

Flex in a week data services

Hello,

I am writing at the request of Twitter handle @ApacheFlex regarding the
"Flex in a Week Training" series, which I am currently participating in.

Many of the exercises require the trainee to make http service calls to a
server that was hosted by adobe but is no longer online (
http://www.adobetes.com).  There were several services here that are
necessary to complete the exercises, but I unable specifically what most of
them are.

I have discovered an individual who hosted similar services for the purpose
of completing these exercises, but the data is not complete.  For instance,
a Cold Fusion database service used by some of the exercises is provided ,
but the database does not seem to contain any data.  This makes it
impossible to complete the exercises with the same results described in the
training videos/exercise documents.  You can access these service here:

http://adobetes.beammath.com/.

Since Apache continues to promote the Flex in a Week training series on the
Flex website, I believe that you would have interest in correcting this so
that those wishing to learn Flex can derive full utility from this
otherwise incomplete training series.

I look forward to your response.  Please let me know if I may be able to
provide any additional information that may be useful, and I will attempt
to do so. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jeff A. May
MS Geographic Information Science | Idaho State University
GIS Training and Research Center | Pocatello, ID 83209

AW: Flex in a week data services

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well it's the first time I heard of the problem.
If it's dealing with sever side, we don't have any influence on LiveCycle DS stuff, but if we can do it with BlazeDS, I would be glad to help. But in this case we would need a server we could run a BlazeDS service on.

Chris

Has there been a decision regarding what to do about the broken data
services used in this training series?  I have put it off in the mean time
and am wondering if it will be fixed.

Thanks,

Re: Flex in a week data services

Posted by Jeffrey May <ma...@isu.edu>.
Hello,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I know that the chart examples here
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf6568f-7ffe.html
tries to access a now non-existent adobe webserver.  I have managed to grab
all those data files here:

http://bigosmallm.github.io/flex/chartexamples/budget.xml
http://bigosmallm.github.io/flex/chartexamples/expenses.xml
http://bigosmallm.github.io/flex/chartexamples/medals.xml
http://bigosmallm.github.io/flex/chartexamples/networth.xml
http://bigosmallm.github.io/flex/chartexamples/stocks.xml
http://bigosmallm.github.io/flex/chartexamples/widgets.xml

If we are fixing the examples, we should point to these urls for the data.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.