Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 07:33:02 UTC

Tomcat Logging Configuration

Hi,

I'm trying to point the catalina handler to /var/log/apache-tomcat like by configuring the logging.properties file like this:

1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = /var/log/apache-tomcat/
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = catalina.

However when I start Tomcat I get this message:

[root@ole apache-tomcat]# service tomcat start
Starting tomcat
Unable to redirect to /usr/share/apache-tomcat/logs/catalina.out

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: Tomcat Logging Configuration

Posted by Lionel Crine <lc...@linagora.com>.

Ole Ersoy a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to point the catalina handler to /var/log/apache-tomcat like
> by configuring the logging.properties file like this:
>
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = /var/log/apache-tomcat/
> 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = catalina.

These lines will create a file named catalina.2007XXXXXXXX.log

> However when I start Tomcat I get this message:
>
> [root@ole apache-tomcat]# service tomcat start
> Starting tomcat
> Unable to redirect to /usr/share/apache-tomcat/logs/catalina.out

catalina.out is managed by catalina.sh

> Any ideas on how to fix this?

This error does not come from logging.properties.

Lionel