Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phil Rosen <pr...@optaros.com> on 2007/01/16 04:31:56 UTC

Trouble with data type in schema

I am trying to construct a data type that given the content: ID-111 would
match on either ID or 111

Text and string wont do this, any suggestions?

Re: Trouble with data type in schema

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 1/15/07, Phil Rosen <pr...@optaros.com> wrote:
> I am trying to construct a data type that given the content: ID-111 would
> match on either ID or 111
>
> Text and string wont do this, any suggestions?

The "text" field as defined by Solr example's schema.xml should
achieve this effect.  Have you looked at the analysis portion of the
solr admin ui (with 'verbose' checked)  to investigate how your
strings are being tokenized?

regards,
-Mike