Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Yogesh Dahiya <yo...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/07 23:33:14 UTC

log4j errors while including phoenix-client

Hi,
I have maven project with log4j-over-slf4j (1.7.5) dependency and I have
added phoenix-3.0.0-incubating-client in my local m2 which is then added as
dependency in my project. So the problem is when both dependency are
present together the project breaks with NoClassDefFoundError

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.log4j.Log4jLoggerFactory

Tried adding exclusion for log4j for phoenix-client, didn't work.

Looks like log4j is including in jar of phoenix-client itself which is then
conflicting with other dependencies.

Is there any fix for this?