Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net> on 2002/12/06 17:30:44 UTC

November Board Meeting Minutes

Rob, you refer to a november board meeting, I'm noticing that there are
no minutes for this meeting on
http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

I don't see a general apache discussion list, so for the benefit of the
community could you try to get those minutes published.

Thanks

--------
Tim O'Brien
Transolutions, Inc.
W 847-574-2143
M 847-863-7045

al@jakarta.apache.org&by=thread&from=271386
> [...]
> ========
> "an Enterprise Information Portal, using Java and XML"
> Editor: David Sean Taylor
>
> Jetspeed 1.4b2 will be released on December 9.
>

> New Features
> ------------
> This release is full of new features thanks in great part to
> a very welcome new committer, Mark Orciuch. Here is a list of
> new features implemented by Mark:
>

> Parameter Presentation Styles - Data Entry Widgets including
> Date/Calendar, ListBox, CheckBoxGroup, TextArea, Custom JSP,
> Custom Velocity Portlet Preview Mode Portlet Usage Logging
> Password Expiration Online Profile Import/Export Print
> Friendly Mode Filtering in User Browser and Psml Browser
>

> Documentation
> -------------
> Jetspeed 1.4b2 introduces a new set of documentation to more
> fully cover the changes made to version 1.4. We have added
> the following documents:
>

> New 100+ page Jestpeed Tutorial
> JPortal Application Examples, accompanies the tutorial
> Jetspeed Axis Integration Guide
> New Registry Documentation
> New Layout Documentation
> New Client Media Documentation
>

> Dependencies
> ------------
> We updated as many Jars as we could to the latest versions
> without breaking the dependencies. Most importantly, we are
> now again in sync with the latest releases of:
>
> Torque
> Turbine
> Commons
> Hypersonic DB
>

> Improved JSP Support
> --------------------
> Jetspeed JSP Tag library updated to support
> internationalization and Jetspeed Links. JSP templating
> engine updated to operate like Velocities, supporting the
> same media/language/country fallback algorithm.
>

> Client and Media Type Registries
> --------------------------------
> Two new registries have been added to better support new
> Media Types and Client agents.
>

> Jetspeed Security
> -----------------
> Further enhancements to security:
>
> New LDAP Security Implementation from Ender Kilicoglu
> Added "owner rule" to only allow access to the owner of a
> portal resource Cleaned up security in default site Add
> Security to References
>

> Misc
> ----
>
> Allow Customization of Portlet Control per Portlet
> New File Cache utility
> CheckStyle added to build
>

> Lucene
> ======
> "a high-performance, full-featured text search engine"
> Editor: Otis Gospodnetic
>
> Lucene's scoring implementation was previously tightly
> integrated with the rest of the API. Doug Cutting added a
> public, extensible scoring API, which allows others to create
> their own scoring algorithm and plug it into Lucene:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.a
pache.org&msgId=532504

A document describing Lucene's index file formats has been added to
Lucene's web site:

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/fileformats.html

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: November Board Meeting Minutes

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Tim O'brien <to...@transolutions.net> wrote:

> Rob, you refer to a november board meeting, I'm noticing that there
> are no minutes for this meeting on
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

There are no board meeting minutes yet AFAIK.  They usually get
published after the following board meeting (guess they need to get
approved as the first action item).

Stefan