Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2019/10/17 15:09:36 UTC

Problem with parsing when dfld:separatorSuppressionPolicy=trailingEmptyStrict

Hi Folks,

Why am I not getting an error on parsing? I have attached the TDML file.  /Roger

[cid:image003.png@01D584DB.5C1964D0]

Re: Problem with parsing when dfld:separatorSuppressionPolicy=trailingEmptyStrict

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
This looks like a bug. I ran it and reproduced your problem.

tralingEmptyStrict appears to be "non strict" in this case.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-2217

We do have some regression tests that do show checking for trailingEmptyStrict violations being detected. So they are obviously checking other situations, and this one slipped through the cracks.