Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/03/28 17:02:11 UTC

[multiproject] Dependency problem in RC2

Hi,
I am facing a strange cyclic dependency problem, and would like to hear if
someone got any ideas...

I build using "multiproject", and get
A cycle has been detected from the initial goal
[excalibur-fortress:excalibur-fortress-tools]

The project.xml in fortress-tools can be boiled down to;

<project>
    <extend>${basedir}/../project.xml</extend>
    <name>Excalibur Fortress Tools</name>
    <id>excalibur-fortress-tools</id>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>excalibur-fortress</groupId>
            <artifactId>excalibur-fortress-container-impl</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</project>

And even though there is NO DEPENDENCIES in the
'excalibur-fortress-container-impl', I still get the above message.

There are no <dependencies> declared in the 'inherited' project.xml's.

What could it be?

Niclas

Re: [multiproject] Dependency problem in RC2

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sunday 28 March 2004 23:02, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> What could it be?

I finally changed the name of the 'tools' project, and problem solved. No
other complaints.

Niclas