Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Anagnostou, Fotini" <f....@i-docs.com> on 2011/01/25 15:30:30 UTC

Reduce required memory

Dear all,

I have this xsl:fo (http://support.i-docs.com/sample_1.xml.bz2) that has a table with many rows.
The process to transform it to pdf (that has 92pages) requires 386MB (as shown in Task Manager).

Is there anything we can do to reduce the required memory so that the result is (almost) the same?

Regards,

Fotini Anagnostou
Using FOP 1.0

Re: Reduce required memory

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Fotini,

only by the means we've mentioned a number of times on this list:
cutting the table manually in XSLT and distributing them to multiple
page-sequences. But obviously, finding the right cut-off points can be
difficult.

See also: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/running.html#memory

On 25.01.2011 15:30:30 Anagnostou, Fotini wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have this xsl:fo (http://support.i-docs.com/sample_1.xml.bz2) that has a table with many rows.
> The process to transform it to pdf (that has 92pages) requires 386MB (as shown in Task Manager).
>
> Is there anything we can do to reduce the required memory so that the result is (almost) the same?
>
> Regards,
>
> Fotini Anagnostou
> Using FOP 1.0

Jeremias Maerki