Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Marcus <m....@upcmail.nl> on 2012/01/12 12:11:11 UTC

Roller installation image directory on server

Hi All,

I am running apache tomcat 6.0.33 and have installed Roller version 5
onto the server as in the installation instructions.
The JVM is for java 5.0.

I have created a blog and have a post.

However I cannot upload media files to the server because the path to
the image folder is not known.

If I look in the roller.log for what happens I see the following :

             Invalid path
[/usr/local/cpanel/base/*${user.home}*/roller_data/mediafiles/trialsandtribulations],
directory doesn't exist.

If I look at the variable used for the search folder I see :

             IndexManagerImpl:<init> - index dir:
*/home2/marcusb/roller_data/search-index*
So the search folder is set correctly but the Image directory is not.

I have run the roller with an image directory defined in roller.config
and also without one defined.

What roller does is always insert this ${user.home} variable in instead
of translated it as it has done for the search folder
ie it should be looking at /home2/marcusb/roller_data/mediafiles/
    instead of /usr/local/cpanel/base/*${user.home}*/roller_data/mediafiles.

Anybody got any ideas on this ?

kind regards
Marcus

Re: Roller installation image directory on server

Posted by Marcus <m....@upcmail.nl>.
On 14-1-2012 21:14, Dave wrote:
> By default Roller stores uploaded files in
> ${user.home}/rollerdata/mediafiles but on your computer, for some reason,
> the value ${user.home} is not being substituted correctly.
>
> You'll have to set the 'mediafiles.storage.dir' property in your
> roller-custom.properties file to point to the place where you want uploaded
> images stored.
>
> - Dave
>

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:11 AM, Marcus<m....@upcmail.nl>  wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am running apache tomcat 6.0.33 and have installed Roller version 5 onto
>> the server as in the installation instructions.
>> The JVM is for java 5.0.
>>

>> I have created a blog and have a post.
>>
>> However I cannot upload media files to the server because the path to the
>> image folder is not known.
>>
>> If I look in the roller.log for what happens I see the following :
>>
>>             Invalid path [/usr/local/cpanel/base/*${**
>> user.home}*/roller_data/**mediafiles/**trialsandtribulations], directory
>> doesn't exist.
>>
>> If I look at the variable used for the search folder I see :
>>
>>             IndexManagerImpl:<init>  - index dir:
>> */home2/marcusb/roller_data/**search-index*
>> So the search folder is set correctly but the Image directory is not.
>>
>> I have run the roller with an image directory defined in roller.config and
>> also without one defined.
>>
>> What roller does is always insert this ${user.home} variable in instead of
>> translated it as it has done for the search folder
>> ie it should be looking at /home2/marcusb/roller_data/**mediafiles/
>>    instead of /usr/local/cpanel/base/*${**user.home}*/roller_data/**
>> mediafiles.
>>

>> Anybody got any ideas on this ?
>>
>> kind regards
>> Marcus