Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by engp0510 <en...@nus.edu.sg> on 2003/09/23 16:30:41 UTC

How to run a JSP/Servlet Web App on a pc unconnected with internet

Hi,
I try make a presentation to show a web application but should use a laptop
without net connection.
In Tomcat's Server.XML the DTD file is from:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
        "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd">

Without this I can use Servlet mapping, and have to change all codes in JSP
to the full path, right?

Regards
Leeson

Re: How to run a JSP/Servlet Web App on a pc unconnected with internet

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
You shouldn't have to change anything. Tomcat has a Catalog of DTDs
which it uses in preference to the resource specified in the URL in the
public identifier. So long as your webapp doesn't make any other calls
to resources on the net you should be good to go.
I run our webapp on my laptop quite a lot.

BTW: the URL you have specified is now defunct. The new URL Sun has
published is http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd

HTH,

Jon

PS: I assume you meant web.xml not server.xml

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.