Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Alew <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/13 21:43:07 UTC

Can't connect VisualVM to Ignite 2.4, 2.6 process on windows

Hi!

I was suggested to use VisualVM as a debugging tool but can't connect it
to ignite process.
I start bin/ignite.bat script and point visualvm to ignite process.
After that I get default os window "java platform se binary has stopped
working"
Cmd console contains

[00:40:19,549][SEVERE][tcp-disco-ip-finder-cleaner-#8][TcpDiscoverySpi]
Runtime error caught during grid runnable execution: IgniteSpiThread
[name=tcp-disco-ip-finder-cleaner-#8]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
         at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
         at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:717)
         at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder.requestAddresses(TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder.java:499)
         at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder.getRegisteredAddresses(TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder.java:452)
         at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi.registeredAddresses(TcpDiscoverySpi.java:1828)
         at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl$IpFinderCleaner.cleanIpFinder(ServerImpl.java:1938)
         at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ServerImpl$IpFinderCleaner.body(ServerImpl.java:1913)
         at
org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiThread.run(IgniteSpiThread.java:62)
Exception in thread "tcp-disco-ip-finder-cleaner-#8"
[...]
Press any key to continue . . .

I connect VisualVM to other apps with success.

Thanks.

Re: Can't connect VisualVM to Ignite 2.4, 2.6 process on windows

Posted by Alew <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Actually there was no OOME before VisualVM connect attempt. There is a
point in time after Ignite start after that it is not possible to conect
VisualVM to Ignite.
I can connect them successfully on different computer.
I think this is an environment specific bug, somehow related to
windows+hyper-v+amd cpu

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!