Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/23 02:07:03 UTC

YARN Fair Scheduler

Hi All,

   When YARN Fair Scheduler is configured with a parent root and 250 child
queues for a big Cluster having total resource of 10TB and 3000 Cores. The
fair share of a child queue is very less. Fair Share is Total Cluster
resource / total number of child queues. How to design a Fair Scheduler
with many like 250 number of queues in such a way, each queue gets more
fair share.

Is having Nested Queues or configuring weight or any other way to design.

Thanks,
Prabhu Joseph

Re: YARN Fair Scheduler

Posted by Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karthik,

   Yes all the queues are always active (atleast one job is running at a
time) and thus the fair share of all queue is very less. How to design the
fair scheduler for this kind of case. Do you have some Best Practices to
design the fair-scheduler.xml.

Weights - is the correct way to make critical queues get a bigger share.
How Nesting of queues helps. And few more doubts

1. How to configure minResources of a queue, is the sum of minResources of
all queue should be equal to Total YARN Cluster Resource.
2. What we need to consider when configuring YARN queue for Spark Jobs

Thanks,
Prabhu Joseph

Re: YARN Fair Scheduler

Posted by Prabhu Joseph <pr...@gmail.com>.