Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bitter geek <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/24 15:52:54 UTC

Rest client

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused with the sample code for creating rest endpoint.

I do not have access to the rest service class but only want to create
a rest endpoint to use with camel.

Do I only need to create rsClient tag? If so, what class do I put
there for serviceClass? Why does it need a serviceClass if this
endpoint is just used to make an http request?

In addition, how do I get hold of this endpoint in Java?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Bing

  <!-- Defined the server endpoint to create the cxf-rs consumer -->
  <cxf:rsServer id="rsServer"
address="http://localhost:${CXFTestSupport.port1}/CxfRsRouterTest/route"
    serviceClass="org.apache.camel.component.cxf.jaxrs.testbean.CustomerService"
    loggingFeatureEnabled="true" loggingSizeLimit="20"/>

  <!-- Defined the client endpoint to create the cxf-rs consumer -->
  <cxf:rsClient id="rsClient"
address="http://localhost:${CXFTestSupport.port2}/CxfRsRouterTest/rest"

Re: Rest client

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 25/07/12 20:00, bitter geek wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> I'm quite new to Camel, still trying to get my head around a few concepts.

Well, even though a CXFRS component has been around for few years now, I
haven't had any contributions done, very minor ones, it really works
thanks to all the work from Willem. Also, I've had a very limited
exposure to working with Camel recently - I look forward to working with
it more but to be honest I have to catch up myself too

> How do you create a CXFR producer? Or for that matter, how do you
> specify what type of producer to create?
This is FAQ, please review the tutorials/books. I believe you typically
start from something, say from "direct:something", if the producer is at
the top of the route, and they you say
from("direct:something").to("cxfrs://somebeanOrsomeaddres"), etc

> Does this have anything to do with the header
> CxfConstants.CAMEL_CXF_RS_USING_HTTP_API as shown below?

AFAIK, CxfConstants.CAMEL_CXF_RS_USING_HTTP_API is typically redundant
given it's a default value. It's a CXFRS-specific configuration property
so it does not affect the way producers are picked up

Cheers, Sergey

Re: Rest client

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Please check out my comments in the mail.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM, bitter geek <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> I'm quite new to Camel, still trying to get my head around a few concepts.
>
> How do you create a camel-cxfrs producer? Or for that matter, how do you
> specify what type of producer to create?

You can setup the camel-cxfrs endpoint from Spring configuration which
you already know about it.
Camel will create the producer for you as the definition shows.

> Does this have anything to do with the header
> CxfConstants.CAMEL_CXF_RS_USING_HTTP_API as shown below?

Camel will create the client dynamically per request, and the header
setting will help camel to decide which kind of client it should use.
As Sergey said, the HTTP_API client is used by default, and Camel can
create a proxy type client if you set the header value to be false.

Re: Rest client

Posted by bitter geek <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey,

Re: Rest client