Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de> on 2014/11/24 09:55:30 UTC

Why doesn't Wicket seem to call Session.replaceSession automatically?

Hi all,

during implementing the login a my current project I came across
WICKET-1767[1] which deals with session fixation problems, but to my
surprise it looks like the newly created method is not called
automatically by Wicket. If I search the code base for
"replaceSession(" I only get one result, the method itself.

Is there any reason why Wicket doesn't call the method automatically?
Looks to me like AuthenticatedWebSession.signIn would be a good place
to call it automatically. When should I call it instead, at the
beginning of AuthenticatedWebSession.authenticate? This would prevent
session fixation even if exception got throw during the authentication
itself for any reason.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1767

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Why doesn't Wicket seem to call Session.replaceSession automatically?

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Martin Grigorov,
am Montag, 24. November 2014 um 20:44 schrieben Sie:

Thanks a lot, I didn't have the time yet to create it on my own.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov