Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by trlt <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/28 20:00:57 UTC

DownloadLink in a separate thread?

Just checking to see if I'm doing this right:

When users click on a "download" link on my Wicket application, I want to be
zip all the files in a directory on the fly and return the user one big
*.zip file.

This is working as expected, but since the number of and size of files can
be quite big, this can take a while to process.  Is "DownloadLink" the right
wicket component to implement this?  Does it make sense to run this in a
separate thread?

Any help is appreciated!

Re: DownloadLink in a separate thread?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes. Using ResourceLink will produce a url to IResource and thus avoid
locking the page instance.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov