Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Samuel Arnod-Prin <sa...@utopix.ch> on 2005/01/25 10:29:23 UTC

EHCache : conflict with Hibernate

Hello,

Hibernate is also caching objects with ehcache.

In Jboss for example, that allows me to reload only the web layer (a
WAR) (including cocoon), when I redeploy my WAR file, Cocoon restarts
and reinitialize ehcache... and the "poor" hibernate looses then all
what it put into the cache...

what could be the solution ??

Re: EHCache : conflict with Hibernate

Posted by beyaRecords <uz...@beyarecords.com>.
On 25 Jan 2005, at 09:29, Samuel Arnod-Prin wrote:

> and the "poor" hibernate looses then all what it put into the cache...

Samuel,
I am also using Jboss 4.0 and Hibernate with cocoon. How are you
specifying your ehcache.xml file in terms of the life span of the
element you wish to cache? For example I have specified my xml file as
so:

		eternal="false"
		overflowToDisk="true"
		timeToIdleSeconds="300"
		timeToLiveSeconds="600"
		diskPersistent="true"

If you set the eternal to true, I think but am not sure without looking
at the ehcache website, but this should keep the cache alive even after
you re-deploy the war.

Uzo